Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Work IT!

Ok, so my strategy for losing those annoying 10lbs... diet and exercise! Crazy, I know! My friend Carly has challenged me and some other brave, determined friends to meet that personal goal once and for all! Check out her blog, it's a WARD life! for more.  The idea is, whatever your goal, lets keep each other accountable! Group motivation. I LOVE NEED that! So for the next 12 weeks, every Wednesday I will be "weighing in" with my friends. I'm also going to try and journal this (bring on more accountability)

Here are MY GOALS:
Lose 10-12lbs
Tighten and Tone (I want cuts) Be happy with myself and not just a # !
5 days of exercise a week (running, bootcamps, yoga, and weight training with Paul)
Eat healthier and more often (mid morning and mid afternoon snacks)
Drink more water and only 2 cokes a week (oh coke how I love you, you really are happiness! I'm ridiculous!)

Here are the questions I'll post each Wednesday:


  • Weekly Loss: 
  • Total Loss: 
  • Workouts Completed: 
  • Days staying within caloric range:
  • Other:


Ok, down to business...Here are the past 2 Wednesday Weigh-ins!


Weekly Loss: .8 lb
Total Loss: 1 lb in past 2 weeks
Workouts Completed: 4 workouts last week. Ran 11 miles total for the
week (2 runs, a five mile run and then a 6 mile run) and did 2
strength/toning days.
Days staying within caloric range: 5 days staying in range
Other Updates: Paul and I have been doing a pinterest found exercise in our living room. 40 jumping jacks, 30 crunches, 20 body squats and 15 girl push-ups. (Our neighbor below loves us ha) It's suppose to burn 100 cals per set you do but we think its more like 70-80. It kicks your butt and takes about 15 minutes to do 4 sets. Plus you can do it in your living room. NO EXCUSE, right?!?!


Weekly Loss: 1.8 for this week
Total Loss: 2.8
Workouts Completed: 1 unacceptable!
Days within caloric range: 5
Other: off week with groceries and just emotional week not hungry for food


I'm going to try and post weekly! Crazy how life changes week to week. I thought I had a pretty set schedule but as you can see life gets loud and hectic.  


Photos from the past 2 weeks 
WORK IT! 




















2 comments:

  1. I remember in Crosscountry we used to do this one work out that kicked your butt. Basically you would run for 10 min, then immediately go into crunches, pushups, and what we called "the electric chair" (where you act like your sitting in a chair up against a wall.. for however long) you did 3 sets of each and then ran for 10 min... repeat. I think we did it for 45 min maybe? and this might not all be correct lol crosscountry was a long time ago. I just remember it was a good workout.

    Anywho good luck. you can do anything you set your mind to! I am trying to do something similar but Im trying to lose more than 10 lb lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!!!That sounds intense! I'm not sure how well I would do with the "electric chair" AHHH
    Good Luck to you too! I totally believe its mostly mental discipline!

    ReplyDelete