Friday, January 7, 2011

phone call that meant so much!




This phone call didn't happen out of the blue actually it was the complete opposite. My sister and I talk at least once a week, whether its a text or short conversation about how school is going, life, boys, relationships its usually short but to the point and I love that about her. She is changing and I am filled with this joy I have never felt before. This past summer, I wrote about a Bible study I was doing over the book of Esther by Beth Moore and could not keep my mouth shut about what God was doing in my life. I told everyone and especially hoped and prayed my sister would hear me and trust me on this. It was amazing the presence of God I felt during this study! Every single week... Months later she approached me about it in hopes that she could still do the study with some of her friends. Her idea and her leading it! I write this with tears in my eyes. I am so thankful for her willing heart and growing relationship with Jesus! She has had to face difficulty lately just in life and with anxiety and I know God brought her to Him to learn to fully trust and rely on Him to provide and set her free from all of her uncertainties. She has been studying Ester now for a few weeks and last night called only to tell me about how she is loving it so much. How she feels like she can relate to each weeks study and that she cannot stop wanting more! You should have seen my face light up last night! I could not stop smiling, listening to her share with me. Both her and I have grown up in the church, loving Jesus and knowing the need for Him in our lives but it something totally different when you decide it as an adult. To study, to want to know Him more all on your own. For me, it was when He took me to Israel and I thought, "well now everyone I know has to go!" To experience this complete change! But God has taught me that it can happen anywhere...in Athens on Wednesday nights! He wants us no matter where we are, what we do and what we have done. Thank you Lord for my sweet sister! For our relationship and for you, Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. so glad that she is doing the study and LOVING it!!! Beth Moore knows whats up!

    ReplyDelete