Tuesday, January 4, 2011

let the new years resolutions begin...


I have always liked proclaiming new years resolutions (whether they actually happen or not) and I'm fine with that. Paul and I shared a few things in the car the other day we want to change, do better, learn, experience and pay off ha! Last night, while Paul was out doing guy things aka playing basketball, I packed away all the Christmas decor we had out this past year. I put on a "girlie" movie and made myself a cup of coffee in my coffee maker that has never been used EVER since unwrapping it at a wedding shower a little over a year ago...ridiculous, I KNOW! I enjoy my time so much. Lots of thinking and daydreaming about things that I want to happen this new year...So here are just A FEW of my resolutions

1)Continue to work hard on being happy with my physical self. To eat better, exercise more and lose that weight to be happy and healthy!
2)To plan new getaway trips...Chicago is definitely happening this year!
3)Study and memorize God's Word. To make time everyday for Him to speak to me and for me to learn to listen.
4)Learn to play guitar or pick up my violin again. love making music...its been a long time.
5)Photography classes. My job has offered to pay for sessions for me to learn more. I photo document our events and so I asked for more training...

I know that life gets busy and that other things may take precedence but every year I feel energized to live this life God gave me to the fullest and enjoy the people and places He created!

Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!


This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!


I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!


-William Arthur Ward

1 comment:

  1. As someone who doesn't do new years resolutions...I can be fully present in supporting yours! :)

    ReplyDelete