Monday, December 27, 2010

December


I think it can go without saying that December is my most favorite month...its my bday month and also the month we celebrate Jesus birth. I can't hear the Christmas story enough! I love all of the people God chose to write in the story, the angels, shepherds, wise men and of course Mary and Joseph. I love that God chose ordinary, common, even the poor to be apart of His sons birth and journey through life. I am so thankful He wrote me into the story too. It's hard to not get caught up in the absolute chaos that has become Christmas and the weeks leading up during the advent season. I am so thankful for my church, small group, family and friends who all trust and believe in Christs story. Who live it out and who take time to light candles, read scripture and remember why we have this celebration day!
I also love seeing my family and just sitting around in pajamas all day and then realizing its time for bed again! It's busy don't get me wrong. For some reason I always see it differently in my head. I can be quite the dreamer and reality always hits me harder especially this time of year. I picture fires, blankets, long days and nights with family just talking and listening to old stories with coffee and there was certainly an outpouring of both but time passed so quickly! Paul and I started Dec. 22nd and were non-stop until Sun. Dec. 26th. We were in Tyrone, Atlanta, Gwinnett and then back to Atlanta and lots of places in between. It was so fun having snow to play in this year too. We were at his parents house when we looked out to see that the snowflakes had actually stuck to the ground. Of course true Skowronski style we immediatley ran outside to "play" in the snow! Snowball fights and a snowwoman haha It was surreal to have snow on Christmas day in Georgia! Thank you Jesus for such a fun beautiful gift. Gifts are all unwrapped, songs have been sung, hugs have been given and its time to take down the tree but I know we rejoiced in the greatest gift. With a week left in December and in 2010 the celebration continues.

1 comment: