Monday, September 13, 2010

trip to lowcountry


If there's one thing that Paul has learned about me its that I love to go! To get away... I love trips. The smells, the tastes and all the memories along the way, especially road trips. Labor day weekend we packed up and left for my most favorite place, Charleston, S.C. Nothing holding us back just the road ahead of us! Oh Sunday driving is the best. It was so fun laughing, jamming out and talking about OUR life. One thing that always scared me about marriage was that I would have to share everything. I know this sounds so selfish and immature but I love "my time", my wants that are so not the same as his but it was so nice, this time together. We both needed to "get away". Work was not mentioned at all, the day to day lists, bills and errands were not discussed. Even when we were driving home we talked about the trip, our next trip and never once did we give in to the "back to the real world" talk. Anyway, back to Charleston, I love everything about this place. The history, the shopping, and of course the food. We had the freshest seafood and the best good ole southern cookin a girl could ask for. Together, we have been to Charleston about 5 times so we know the city well but we decided to eat at all new places and do all new things. With recomendations from friends and from opentable.com we found a handful of new restuarants and the itenerary was set and reservations were made before we had even left.(Not like us at all)It was great. We did't have to spend any of our precious time on apple or asking people, "what's a good place to eat?" We walked around our fun get away town together looked at the sights, felt the wind from the water and picked out which carriage house we would one day own. Charleston is also where he proposed and I love my love story. So many memories we've made there...

ok wow what a sap! Sometimes I just can't help myself.
Livin for the weekends seems to be going just as it should and if we have a longer one you can find us in lowcountry!

1 comment: