Friday, August 6, 2010

I want to find my place in YOU!




Recently, I have been studying the book of Esther with women from Trinity. A Bible study by Beth Moore that is absolutely right where God wants me. Esther is my new favorite Jew. Since the Lord allowed me to visit Israel my life and view of His people has changed and I left part of my heart there. The constant theme throughout our study is, "It's Tough Being A Woman". It is tough. Somedays I feel so far away from Jerusalem. Somedays I just don't know if I can see God or feel Him but I have come to learn that God is never inactive in our lives and that sometimes God's hand is so close that it covers the eyes. I can't find Him but I know He's there. I am learning each week to rend my heart and be a courageous woman of God. That no matter WHAT, God will take care of me, that He will demonstrate His sufficiency to me. Every week, God speaks to me, uses what Beth is teaching to touch my heart. Every Thursday, tears run down my face, laughing out loud at her absolute insanity and leaving with a feeling of hope in my faith of seeing Jesus. She is passionate, loves the Lord with all her heart, says things like, "girlfriend" or "anybody?"! I just love women who seek God's face and live it out. It is so inspiring. God has a destiny for me and I'm learning more and more what that looks like through studying Esther, God's Word! With different seasons, come different struggles and it seems for me right now in my life I am struggling with identity! Being a wife? Being a working woman? Being a woman after God's heart? Struggling to understand God's timing. Regardless of all my insecurities and fears, I have found a place in Jesus.
Thank you Lord for choosing me
Encourage me on my journey
I love you
Christina

1 comment:

  1. christina, i just love you. you are always so encouraging and it is such a joy to be called your friend.

    so thankful for you and your transparency.

    love you so dearly!

    ReplyDelete