Thursday, July 15, 2010

how do I slow down?


July has been the start of full-time position. I am so thankful for this blessing and the very first chapter of my career. Get up,open the curtains (to see what the weather looks like for my outfit choices of course), wash my face, contacts, and then cereal with Paul! It's a simple morning! It's not like in the movies when the couple wakes up, both already looking amazing and have hours to hit the gym, cook breakfast and then read the paper but its with Paul and I love it! Out the door and on my way!
We have also this month celebrated the 4th of July! A holiday that has never really been a favorite but holds a special place in my heart! Running the peachtree for the 4th time in honor of my papa Billy and this year with some of our small group friends, mom and dad cheering us on from the sidewalk! I love the crowd, the sound of thousands of shoes hitting the pavement and the lights!Bright lights of fireworks over the city!It was a great day!
Life is busy and I wonder how do I slow down. My friend Megan says she lives for the weekends! It's hard having to work 8-5! No room for spontaneous trips or late night driving adventures in the city! The weekends, something I live for now too, are jam packed with seeing friends, celebrating birthdays and just hangtime catching up on life! July has not let us down and maybe life doesn't slow down. For now we are livin the simple life! Enjoying friends and the hot Georgia summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment